Unique role for a commercially minded accountancy and finance graduate with excellent analytical ability and confident communication skills.
Rather than starting in transactional finance or wading through accruals and prepayments or bank recs you’ll step straight into the business partnering team (that sits alongside central finance and away from the month end nuts and bolts).
The role reports directly to the Financial Controller and you’ll be working alongside two CIMA qualified finance business partners.
Your remit is exciting and impactful business partnering. You’ll be analysing key data from the business and delivering reporting and MI around performance, revenue, margins, profit streams, cost trends, commercial KPIs, customer trends, etc etc etc…
This isn’t a deskbound role where all of your time will be spent crunching excel and emailing spreadsheets… you need to be cool drilling into and making sense of the raw data… but the magic will come from you getting out into the business and discussing the findings with colleagues across the group.
You’ll be meeting with key decision makers to bring the numbers to life and challenge existing processes, ways of thinking and decisions. It’s a modern, welcoming and professional team and you can make a real difference at a relatively early stage of your career.
It will naturally fast track your career – an incredible springboard for anyone looking to head into senior business partnering or commercial / business facing finance (FBP / FP&A etc.).
- An Accountancy and Finance degree (you may well be progressing toward ACCA or CIMA and that would be fully supported and funded).
- Great Excel skills (experience of Power BI would be mega helpful)
- Confidence when getting out into the business to meet with colleagues across all other functions. – really good relationship building skills are vital.
- Commercial acumen and a general interest in business and the levers and drivers of growth / profit / margin in an agile and tech-led SME.
- Ambition – this is a fun business that is filled with aspirational people and high achievers – it would suit someone looking for career progression and development.
- Someone proactive with a natural ability to solve problems calmly and diligently.
If you would like to be considered for the Junior Finance Business Partner role in Preston, please click ‘apply now’ or contact our team direct.
|Accountancy & Finance