Number one in finance for a privately owned business anticipating significant growth and change (transitioning from £30m to £50m+ over next 2 – 3 years).
This role includes an element of hands-on overhaul particularly in the initial 6-12 month phase. The Directors are looking for someone who can roll up sleeves and embed firm processes and controls across the group. Someone who can develop forecasting, enhance the management accounts and MI pack, get a firm handle on cash and provide timely and highly credible real time financial management and guidance.
It’s a down to earth setting and in reality this role suits someone who has developed reasonably thick skin within a manufacturing / construction / engineering type setting. You are joining at a very exciting phase of growth and you’ll be playing a role in supporting the business make the growth transition.
It manages a team of 5 from the outset and reports to the owners / main shareholders.
The remit is the full trainset – management accounting, budgeting, forecasting, stat accounts, working with auditors at year end, management of the squad, development of MI, overhaul of controls, overhaul of cash management and cash forecasting etc.
It would suit a seasoned finance professional who enjoys a down to earth SME with plenty of moving parts. Someone who enjoys working with no nonsense directors who very much come from a non finance background.
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA.
- Extensive experience of working as Head of Finance or FD for an SME within a robust sector (production / construction / engineering etc)
- Ability to deliver change – they are looking for someone to enhance what is currently in place and bring some rigour to the financial management of the business.
- Someone who can influence uphill and manage the director team.
- Ability to coach the finance team and being out the best in others.
- Ability to implement a new accounting software that better suits the needs of the expanding group.
If you would like to be considered for the Head of Finance role in Chesterfield, please click ‘apply now’ or contact our team direct.
|Accountancy & Finance