Award-winning and profitable group have a requirement for a commercially astute, qualified and experienced finance professional to assist through a period of investment and significant change.
As the key senior business partner to the operational leadership team / GM you will play a vital role in providing financial support and influence across large UK subsidiary, based in Lincolnshire. You will enjoy a highly visible site-based position and play an integral role in building a firm bridge between the finance team and the senior operational management team.
You will provide key financial support and guidance as a critical financial sounding board. You will gain a really clear and valuable view of the drivers of success, profit, cost and performance across a complex and large-scale production facility.
Your commentary, insights and influence will play a pivotal role in supporting key decision making and defining short/mid-term strategy. You’ll be drilling down into labour and material variances, managing reset projects around standard costing, business partnering to understand profit levers, helping better understand where money is made and lost in the complex production environment.
You’ll be someone who thrives in a fast-paced manufacturing environment where continuous improvement is the norm. You’ll really have chance to make a massive impact and difference here – supported by a highly talented and approachable Head of Finance (based at another region in the UK).
The role manages a small team (management accountant and assistant MA) and you will be someone who enjoys developing and coaching and takes reward from bringing out the best in others.
You will enjoy
You will be responsible for providing well-thought-out and timely insight behind the monthly reporting / MI packs and be completely comfortable presenting to board level.
The Directors are seeking a commercially astute character with obvious acumen and common sense. You will provide critical guidance and strategic input that will influence key decision making and business planning.
- You will have a proven track record of supporting businesses though change and improvement in an FMCG environment (food manufacturing ideally).
- You will have a track record of management accounting / business partnering in a production arena.
- You will be someone with a sleeves rolled up approach but with the gravitas and commerciality to allow you to influence key decision making in a measured and professional manner.
- You’ll be someone who loves getting up from your desk and out into the factory to build relationships with colleagues in operational functions.
- You will ideally have a measured and calm approach to new challenges and be someone with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- You will have a completed qualification – CIMA or equivalent.
- This is a varied position with plenty of visibility and opportunity to make a difference
This is a business with a superb market position able to offer significant career progression for the right candidate.
If you would like to be considered for the Senior Finance Business Partner role in Spalding, please click ‘apply now’ or contact our team direct
|Job Category||Accountancy & Finance|