Are you a genuinely commercially minded qualified finance professional looking for a business facing role within a group that can offer you massive career scope?
Hugely exciting role for someone CIMA qualified (or equivalent) with a complete commercial slant. You will be an absolute pivotal and highly visible finance business partner to the commercial teams within this fast paced, market leading FMCG manufacturing group.
- Your role surrounds bringing the numbers to life for the talented commercial teams in a fast-paced and ambitious group. Your colleagues (management accounts) produce lots of the numbers and are responsible for the majority of the sales reporting – your role involves taking the pack out into the business, delivering key insights and ultimately working with colleagues to optimise performance.
- You’ll be guiding and challenging around factors that really impact business performance: future sales, trending, margins, profit streams, promotions, new tenders, rebates and overriders, inflation recovery strategies, customer habits.
- Your remit will focus on commercial reporting and commentaries – you’ll provide strong financial insight into areas of improvement, focusing on margin growth, with clear understanding of new launches and product development, commodity price recovery, growth models and cost improvement plans.
This is true business partnering and suits someone with excellent interpersonal skills and a real interest in business as well as accounting.
You’ll be working for one of the UKs most impressive FMCG manufacturing groups and the scope for career development is superb. It is a truly meritocratic setting where you can manage the pace of your own progression (there is a clear route to Commercial or Operational FC level).
If you are an intelligent, sharp and confident recently qualified accountant with a sound background in commercial accounting / management accounting we would welcome the chance to speak.
You will need:
- CIMA Qualification
- A track record of success as management accountant / commercial accountant within a fast paced manufacturing or retail environment (ideally FMCG).
- A real confidence using Excel (pivots / lookups) and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work with a non finance audience daily – this is a highly integral and involved role with lots of engagement with your colleagues in commercial functions of the business.
- Good understanding of Commercial principles such as MSPs, margin, mix, forecasting etc.
- A natural drive and keenness to make improvements.
- You’ll have support, guidance and encouragement from a talented and highly approachable Head of Commercial Finance locally.
If you are looking for a progressive role in a business that can offer security, career progression, variety and exciting project involvement we would welcome the chance to speak. The role will likely require 2 -3 days on site per week (hybrid home working).