Some firms of accountants talk a great game when it comes to how much they value their employees and how much work life balance they can offer… sadly for whatever reason the reality doesn’t always match the sales pitch…
- You get there and feel micro managed.
- You have limited flexibility.
- You feel overworked and undervalued.
- The existing team are disgruntled and unsettled.
We are currently working with a small, modern and professional firm based near Dronfield Woodhouse that walk the walk as well as talking the talk.
You’ll be greeted by super welcoming and approachable directors – and their adorable office dog!! They genuinely fully appreciate and invest in the people that work for the practice. They are also huge advocates of sensible work life balance so the team here enjoy lots of flexibility, lots of autonomy and very sensible workloads that ensure no one feels overburdened or pressured.
That doesn’t mean you won’t enjoy variety or challenge – there’s a really broad range of clients and plenty of client interaction… there are also lots of ongoing projects and investments (new accounting systems and CRM software, automation tools… even office refurbs if that takes your interest!)…
What it does mean is you won’t run the risk of burnout, or feel overworked, stressed and undervalued. There’s a real ‘team feel’ in this business and it’s obvious that the Directors are sincere when it comes to wanting to create a working environment that is flexible and supportive.
The firm is growing at a rate of knots – their reputation is superb and they have clients across the UK and internationally… the majority of the growth has been through recommendation and referral… you’ll enjoy working for an accountants that is commercially aware and doesn’t cut corners.
So if you would like to work for down to earth and welcoming Partners within a team of likeable and collaborative colleagues, we would welcome the chance to speak.
- AAT as a minimum ideally.
- Experience in an accounting practice – including accounts prep and core tax exposure (personal tax and corp tax). You will ideally have produced accounts for sole traders, partnerships and ltd companies for Partner level review.
- Great IT skills – there are a range of modern softwares in play – the firm are a gold standard approved Xero partner and also use Quickbooks, Sage and Iris.
- To be able to manage your own time efficiently – the directors won’t be watching your every move – you’ll have freedom to coordinate your own time and workload / deadlines.
- To be professional but down to earth – it’s modern thinking and ambitious but not starchy (there isn’t a pinstripe suit in sight!)
- To be someone who loves genuinely partnering with clients – understanding their business and taking an interest in how they can invest and grow effectively.
If you have practice experience and want a new challenge in a business that will set you up to succeed and allow you to enjoy your weekend without feeling stressed about Monday morning then let’s speak! Click ‘apply now’ or contact our team direct.
|Job Category||Accountancy & Finance|