Immediate requirement for a confident Qualified finance professional seeking a new challenge to begin in June 2021.
You’ll be the primary finance contact for the £20m turnover business (a thriving subsidiary of a large profitable group). Your role reports to the MD locally and you will provide a key financial sounding board to the Directors / senior leadership team.
The business is expanding and you will play an integral part in improving controls, developing reporting and providing valuable business partnering.
You’ll provide credible and timely P&L reporting to allow decisions to be made efficiently and based upon reliable financial evidence. This is a business with a high volume of data and you will need excellent Excel skills and an ability to distill the financial information to provide easy-to-interpret summaries around costs, variances, margins, profit stream etc.
You will manage the finance team (5) and have an ability to bring out the best in others as a confident and approachable mentor.
You will be:
- A professional, diligent and commercially-astute finance professional with a track record of success within challenging SME environments.
- Hands on in your approach and comfortable in a role which requires plenty of ‘doing’ and well as reviewing the work of others.
- Someone who is able to proactively deliver change – you will enjoy enhancing controls and processes and improving efficiencies across the finance team.
- Someone who enjoys communicating with non finance colleagues.
- Calm, approachable and level-headed. There is plenty to get stuck into and challenges to overcome – the MD is looking for someone who can make inroads to the change in a calm and systematic manner.
- Able to start immediately.
There is potential scope for the role to become permanent.
If you would like to be considered for the Interim Financial Controller role in Leeds, please click ‘apply now’ or contact our team direct.
|Job Category||Accountancy & Finance|