Are you a talented Group Financial Controller looking for a high profile, rewarding and interesting new challenge within one of the best respected PLCs in the North West? Reporting directly to the CFO, you’ll play an integral role as part of the senior leadership team for this growing large group of companies with a head office in the North West. It’s a complex leading group (circa £800m turnover) operating predominantly within construction, housing and property management segments – plenty of moving parts, diverse subsidiaries & revenue streams and an excellent brand / market position within their area of expertise.
You’ll be managing the full group finance function (circa 50 headcount, 5 direct reports) working with like-minded and highly talented colleagues – it’s an environment where new ideas are welcomed and modern ways of thinking and working are readily adopted. A collaborative management team and an approachable and impressive CFO. A new Chief Exec has recently taken seat and it will be an exciting juncture to join – a chance to make a real difference during a journey of continued growth and positive change.
Your role is broad and varied – you’ll manage all aspects of group finance – ensuring there is complete credibility in the results reported. You’ll be a key point of contact for senior internal and external stakeholders (banks, auditors, investors and the C Suite).
You need to have a versatile skill set and be currently operating as Group FC within a reasonably complex structure (probably a £500m turnover+ group). You likely started your career in top tier practice and gained a solid foundation of technical skills alongside completion of ACA.
Alongside technical competence and confidence you also need commercial acumen. You need to be someone who can get under the skin of the numbers.
You need to have a proactive and measured approach to solving problems, making positive improvements and most importantly building relationships.
You’re a natural leader of people who takes sincere enjoyment in coaching and bringing out the best in others. Someone who can garner trust and someone able to take others in the group finance function on the journey.
This is a group with a superb reputation and a long standing track record of success – you’ll enjoy security, variety, challenge, autonomy, support, flexibility, projects and recognition. It is a business that people build careers and stay – testament to the enjoyable culture and impressive leadership team.
- To be operating as Group FC / Group Head of Finance within a complex large group.
- Firm knowledge of UK GAAP and IAS alongside experience of working with colleagues at Exec level.
- To have obvious capability when it comes to leading a function and bringing out the very best in those you manage.
- A recognised accounting qualification (ACCA / ACA or CIMA).
- Excellent core technical accounting skills most likely gained in top tier practice (probably audit started your career).
- Commercial acumen – you need the bedrock of technical awareness and the right network to be able to solve technical queries but you need to be someone confident to get out into the business to build understanding, relationships and commercial awareness.
- Proactivity when it comes to driving positive change.
- Ability to manage external stakeholder relationships including external committees (e.g. audit committee)
If you are a driven, professional and highly talented group FC looking for something new to get your teeth into we would welcome the chance to have a confidential discussion.
|Job Category||Accountancy & Finance|