Exciting, innovative and rapidly expanding SME based in the York region have an opportunity for a talented and diligent Financial Controller.
This is a broad, varied and hands on role within a professional SME delivering impressive growth.
You’ll be responsible for all day to day financial control and reporting – managing a team of 2 in finance (management accountant and finance assistant).
It’s a setting where your ideas, suggestions and inputs will be hugely welcomed and appreciated… not somewhere where “things are done this way because that’s how it’s always been done”. A modern environment, an impressive high profile customer base, huge ongoing growth potential, a welcoming team, an exciting market position and incredible niche offering — so much to like!!
Your role is designed to free up the FD to focus on strategy – you’ll enjoy plenty of autonomy and chance to really make a difference – strengthen controls, develop reporting, manage external stakeholder relationships, coach and expand the team…
You will be someone who can keep a firm hand on the tiller whilst also being able to contribute to change, keep pace with growth and also play a key role in ongoing projects (such as implementation of a new finance system).
It’s a profitable, forward-thinking and aspirational group able to offer security, variety, progression and enjoyment.
Your role will include management accounting, all financial reporting including year end requirements, budgeting, forecasting, margin analysis, review of profit streams, variance analysis and review of costs… all aspects, the full train set.
You will be:
- A conscientious, experienced and proactive finance professional with previous experience at Finance Manager / FC level.
- Someone who can demonstrate an ability to work well under their own steam with plenty of freedom and autonomy.
- Naturally detail focused with a commitment to presenting credible and reliable numbers for board level review.
- Hands on! This is critical – it isn’t an ivory tower role, you need to enjoy drilling down into detail and getting stuck in.
- IT literate with excellent analytical / Excel skills.
- A team player – there is a keen focus on retaining the great culture and you need to be someone who adds to the party!
This is a lovely place to work and a visible, rewarding and interesting FC position. If it would be of interest we would welcome the chance to speak ASAP.
If you would like to be considered for the Financial Controller role in York, please click ‘apply now’ or contact our team direct.
|Job Category||Accountancy & Finance|