Interesting and varied role – as Financial Controller you’ll be the number one in finance for a diverse owner-driven SME.
It’s a professional and ambitious group and you’ll be pulling all financial reporting and control in house (currently the directors rely on outsourced external accountants). You’ll have chance to shape the controls and reporting and really make a difference.
It’s a hands on remit – the nuts and bolts of AP and AR will remain outsourced and are well managed / automated so your time is spent on added value activities rather than posting invoices.
- You’ll be reporting directly to the approachable and commercially savvy MD and you need to be someone who is comfortable presenting financial info to MD / business owner level.
- There’s plenty of flexibility to manage your own time and workload as you see fit and the role is ideally 3 – 4 days per week (minimum 2 days office based and the rest working remotely).
- You’ll be someone who enjoys building relationships with others and really getting under the bonnet of the business you work for. You’ll be someone who enjoys being in an SME environment and have previous experience of the challenge and growing pains of an ambitious smaller group.
- You’ll be a logical thinker with a methodical approach to embedding control and process. Someone who will enjoy getting on top of all aspects of the financial control and reporting and ‘managing the full train set’.
The remit will include monthly management accounting, BS reconciliations, intercompany recs, P&L analysis, year end close, cashflow forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis….
It’s a stable and secure setting and ‘job for life’ territory for the right candidate. You need to be someone comfortable with change within an agile and entrepreneurial SME. You’ll be the voice of reason at times and someone relied upon for financial evidence and insights.
Modern office, hybrid working, part time – Financial Controller.
- A relevant qualification ideally coupled with previous experience as Financial Controller / Finance Manager within an SME.
- Good IT skills and excellent Excel ability.
- Confidence in your ability to manage all aspects of the financial control and reporting for the group.
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience of discussing financial info with MD / senior leadership teams.
- Hands on approach – you need to be comfortable in a standalone role with plenty of independence and autonomy.
If you would like to be considered for the Financial Controller role in Doncaster, please click ‘apply now’ or contact our team direct.
|Job Category||Accountancy & Finance|