Do you want to work in a slow-paced, bureaucratic, corporate machine? Or do you prefer the visibility, involvement and variety of an agile SME?
Are you comfortable as the day to day number 1 in finance? (There is support from a portfolio CFO / FD if needed but ultimately you are the main point of contact for all things finance.
It’s an all systems go, owner-driven SME (£10 – £15m turnover bracket) that is ploughing on with exciting innovation and development, winning new contracts and exploring new markets. Everyone is super visible and there is a real sense of togetherness among the workforce.
You’ll be Finance Manager / FC and be the right hand person for the MD & have lots of flexibility and autonomy. You’ll be massively appreciated & swathed in glory when you make a positive difference.
You will enjoy
The role is all aspects of the day to day financial controls and management for a growing SME. You’ll manage a small team (3) who support with ledger entries / processing and the basics of month end. The rest of the train set is yours. You’ll provide valuable management accounts packs to the directors and discuss insights into variances, margins, profit lines, shifts in costs / overheads etc.
The role would suit a hands-on Finance Manager / FC / Company Accountant with a professional approach to adding value in a straight-talking SME.
Knowledge of a manufacturing / engineering setting would be really valuable.
You will be
- A versatile finance professional with experience as number 1 / visible number 2 in a growth SME.
- Confident in your IT skills and ideally have experience of an ERP system.
- Someone who rolls up their sleeves and works toward deadlines within limited fuss – this is role for someone who enjoys autonomy and doesn’t need micromanagement.
- Hands on and not afraid of getting stuck into the nuts and bolts – reconciliations, VAT returns, journals and adjustments.
- Someone who appreciates the bigger picture and can support the MD with decision making, budgeting, capex, forecasting etc.
There is scope to develop and grow and realistically there is route to FD for the right candidate.
If you are a Finance Manager / FC looking for a new challenge in a well-established SME we would welcome the chance to speak. Contact our team direct or apply online now.
Exclusive role, £40,000 – £50,000, West Yorkshire (Huddersfield / Halifax commutable).
|Job Category||Accountancy & Finance|