Hugely innovative and market-dominant PLC (expanding both in the UK and internationally) have an interesting and attractive opportunity for a technically confident, qualified finance professional to join a large and profitable subsidiary based near Harrow.
The role offers opportunity to hone your skills in a fast paced, commercially-focused environment and will provide you an excellent platform to progress from.
You will be a qualified finance professional (ACCA / ACA) with excellent technical accounting skills and a high focus on detail. You will have a proven track record either as Finance Manager / Senior Financial Accountant within a reasonably complex business (£50m+ turnover) or be looking to move from practice to industry.
You will be someone who takes pride in improving reporting, enhancing financial controls and streamlining processes.
You will enjoy
You will have a good balance of variety and be responsible for management accounting, financial reporting, year end & auditor contact, ad hoc analysis and reporting, process and control improvement and various ongoing projects – all focused on added value.
You will be someone who really prides themselves on their proactive ability to solve problems and make a positive impact. If you see a control that can be made more robust, a way of making the reporting more accurate or more timely or a way to provide financial information that will better suit the needs of the business then this is a group that will encourage and empower you to make the change.
You’ll also be leading a diverse and talented team and have chance to coach, manage and develop others (across financial accounting, reporting and transactional accounting areas).
The business is performing extremely well and can offer a high degree of security and stability. They operate in a reasonably ‘recession proof’ area of manufacturing and delivered excellent results in 2019 and 2020. The forecast is strong for 2022 and you will enjoy being part of a growth journey.
There is major scope for progression for the right individual (UK or overseas) within a well-respected and ambitious PLC.
You will need:
- ACCA or ACA – completed with a good academic track record.
- Comfortable managing statutory accounting, cashflow reporting and balance sheet control alongside the routine month end reporting. (You could be making the step to industry from practice or you may already have established yourself at a capable FM within industry).
- Someone able to coach and lead others, someone who will enjoy bringing out the best in your team.
- An individual who strives to embed best practice and encourages efficiency and effective ways of working.
- A great communicator comfortable in a business facing role. The role would best suit someone with ambitions to progress to FC / Head of Finance level.
If you would like to be considered for the Finance Manager role in Harrow, please click ‘apply now’ or contact our team direct.
|Job Category||Accountancy & Finance|