Market-dominant PLC with a reputation for excellent investment in people and unrivalled innovation have an opportunity for a Qualified Commercial Finance manager to partner across a large division of the wider group
Providing key insight into trends, margin analysis you will report directly to the Senior Financial Controller, enabling sound commercial decision making and driving efficiencies to align with the wider UK strategy.
You will enjoy a high degree of autonomy when it comes to financial management and control within a £500m turnover division of a large and expanding group.
You will work within a collaborative and cohesive team and for a business where innovation and new ideas are welcomed, business partnering the senior commercial teams / decision makers.
The progression within this company are unrivalled, and would be an incredible platform for an aspiring finance professional who enjoys the cut and thrust of front facing, commercially focused finance business partnering.
As a senor business partner to the commercial managers / directors you will provide key real time insight around customer activity, sales performance, pricing & margins – the remit will include daily/ weekly forecasting, delivering insight around margin dynamics, NPD including launches & promotional activity, assessing financial viability. It’s a broad and highly visible role with a chance to make an obvious impact. You’ll be influencing key daily, weekly and monthly decisions whilst being involved in overarching strategy and longer range planning. You need to be a commercial accountant / finance manager / business partner with demonstrable acumen and natural gravitas.
The successful candidate must:
- Hold a relevant qualification, ideally CIMA (or ACCA/ACA)
- Have experience in a commercially-focused finance role (ideally within a reasonably complex retail, FMCG or distribution business).
- Have a solid understanding of Commercial principles such as margin, mix, forecasting etc
- Be adept at Commercial modelling such as promotional activity, new product launches, overrider/rebate accruals, commodity tracking etc
- Strong analytical skills to provide meaningful insights, identifying underlying trends etc
- Committed to continuous improvement – driving process change for efficiencies
- Excellent Excel skills
- Confident communicator with the ability to build strong working relationships
- High attention to detail is essential
- Highly motivated and able to work autonomously
- Be able to commute to London 2 days per week.
If your bag is commercial finance rather than reporting and control then this is a high profile role in a FTSE 250 business set for major ongoing growth.
If you would like to be considered for the Commercial Finance Manager role in Park Royal, please click ‘apply now’ or contact our team direct.
|Job Category||Accountancy & Finance|