Rapidly expanding, innovative and forward-thinking SME have a requirement for an Accounts Assistant to support their busy finance function in modern offices based in York. This is an excellent role for someone who has experience within Sales or Purchase ledger and is looking for a challenging new role offering sensible work-life balance in a supportive, friendly environment.
You will join a small Finance Team, providing essential support across purchase ledger, sales ledger, credit control and month end requirements.
This company is making real strides in their niche sector, they are experiencing rapid growth and there are lots of exciting projects to get involved in. This is a broad, varied role which will see you getting out into the wider business and interacting with both finance and operational colleagues in a very visible position, with mentoring and support from an aspirational FC and FD.
Your remit will include:
- Managing purchase order process
- Taking payments
- Processing supplier payments / reconciling supplier accounts
- Raising sales invoices
- Bank reconciliations
- Maintaining supplier records
- Credit control
- Supporting with month end requirements
- Ad hoc projects
To be considered for the Accounts Assistant role you need:
- Experience within a Ledger Clerk role (essential)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Initiative and capability to work autonomously
- A methodical approach to balancing workloads
- Confidence in dealing with suppliers and clients for query resolution
- Natural problem-solving ability
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of Xero and Excel
- AAT qualification is highly desirable
This is an excellent opportunity to join a business at an exciting time of growth and expansion. If you would like to be considered for the Accounts Assistant role in York, please click ‘apply now’ or contact our team direct.