Pivotal and rewarding role for an ambitious qualified finance professional in West Yorkshire.
What you won’t be up to:
Grinding out month end, VAT returns, balance sheet recs, fixed asset depreciation…
What you will be up to:
- Developing reporting for a talented boardroom & private equity investors with a real thirst for real time credible and commercially mindful MI.
- Getting knee deep in developing the MI and KPI packs.
- Deep diving into the P&L.
- Financial Planning (short, mid and long range projects alongside the CFO)
- Price modelling and promotional evaluation.
- Working with sales and marketing to understand trends, customer activity and opportunities.
- Getting out and about – understanding what impacts margin retention, what drives the profit wheel and what could be done differently to fast track the growth.
This is a role for someone who loves the cut and thrust of business more than they love FRS102…
You need solid core management accounting skills but this is out and out business partnering – you need to be a bright, professional and commercially aware qualified accountant.
It would suit someone naturally assertive, someone who can spot opportunity to add value and someone confident in their ability to suggest (then deliver) positive change.
You need to be comfortable in your ability to analyse data but your real impact will come from conversations rather than from pivot tables..
It’s a business growing at rapid pace (with new PE investors) and you’ll enjoy major development opportunity (both in terms of enhancing your skills as well as progressing your career).
A solid academic record (including degree and a professional qualification CIMA or equivalent).
Experience in a business facing finance role where you have had chance to make a difference (you’re in a business partnering / FP&A type role ideally).
Ability to work in a dynamic setting where change and growth are the norm and we don’t want to do what we’ve always done!
Great communication skills and ability to solve new problems with a measured and upbeat approach.
If you would like to be considered for the Commercial Accountant role in Leeds, please click ‘apply now’ or contact our team direct.
|Job Category||Accountancy & Finance|